Workers’ Compensation Medical Benefits
Gainesville Attorney Offers Assistance with Workers’ Compensation Medical Benefits
If you are injured or develop an illness while at work, the Florida workers’ compensation system is required to provide you with medical care to treat your injury or illness at no cost to you. The Law Office of Christopher J. Annis, LLC is dedicated to helping you obtain the medical care and financial compensation you are entitled to under the Florida workers’ compensation law.
Our goal is to help you obtain the best medical care available to you. With offices in Gainesville, Florida, we offer you thorough and efficient assistance in dealing with the workers’ compensation system.
What You are Entitled to Under Workers’ Compensation
According to the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), you are entitled to a safe workplace. If you are injured on the job, you are entitled to medical care under the Florida workers’ compensation law.
Workers’ comp is required to provide you with medical care regardless of who was at fault in the accident. Whether your employer was at fault, you were at fault, a customer was at fault, or even if an employee from another company was at fault, workers’ comp must pay. The medical benefits available include the following:
- Medically necessary treatment, including hospitalization, surgery, medical supplies, medication, doctor and specialist visits, x-rays, MRIs and other doctor recommended medical tests
- Payment for your mileage driving to and from the doctor or provision of transportation if you don’t have a vehicle
- Assistive devices, such as a wheelchair, scooter or modifications to your home if your doctor deems them medically necessary
Because your employer and/or their insurance company pay for your medical care, you must see the physicians that they send you to. If you go to an unauthorized doctor on your own, workers’ comp will probably not have to pay the bill.
What Can Go Wrong
Although the workers’ compensation system is required to provide you with medical care for your work injury, they may not adequately follow through on that promise.
We have had years of successful experience in obtaining medical benefits for our clients. Here are some common problems we can solve.
- Your doctor says you are ready to return to work, but you don’t think you can
- Your doctor assigns you work restrictions that are beyond what you can handle
- Medical tests, such as MRIs or CT scans, have not been performed to assess your condition
- Your physician says your injuries are not work-related
- Your physician says your problems are related to a prior injury or “old age”
- Your doctor ignores your complaints of pain
- Workers’ comp fails to authorize a specialist recommended by your doctor
- Your doctor recommends surgery, but workers’ comp fails to authorize it
- Delays in authorizing your prescriptions
- You are unhappy with your current doctor and want a new one
If you can’t get decent medical care, you will never be able to get back to work. This is why it is important to seek obtain legal counsel on workers’ compensation medical benefits.
How the Law Office of Christopher J. Annis, LLC Can Help
Representing clients throughout North Florida, the Law Office of Christopher J. Annis, LLC offers exceptional legal service and client support if you are injured on the job.
We can accommodate evening and weekend appointments and will travel to you if you are unable to come to our office in Gainesville. Contact us online or at 352-264-1910 to arrange a consultation today.