Skilled Legal Assistance for Social Security Disability Benefits in Florida
What benefits are available from SSD and SSI?
Social Security Disability (SSD) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) both provide money and resources to disabled people. The Law Office of Christopher J. Annis, LLC provides knowledgeable advice and committed assistance when you apply for Social Security.
If you are disabled, it is important to know what benefits you may qualify for. We can help you understand what benefits are available and how to maximize your recovery.
What is the difference between SSD and SSI?
SSD and SSI are similar programs which offer different benefits to disabled people based on their work history.
- Social Security Disability (SSD). SSD provides benefits for disabled U.S. workers who have paid in enough money to Social Security through their recent work history to qualify for the program. In most cases, if you have had substantial gainful employment within 5 years of your disability, you are still eligible for SSD.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI). SSI is what you are eligible for if you do not have a significant recent work history, and as a result, have not paid into the system. SSI generally provides a lower amount of money than SSD. There is also a financial cap on the amount of assets your household may have for you to qualify for SSI.
Benefits offered by Social Security Disability
With offices in Gainesville, Florida, we help clients throughout North Florida understand and obtain Social Security benefits. If you are unable to work, Social Security Disability may be essential to you and your family. SSD benefits include the following:
- If you qualify for SSD, you monetary benefits based on your age, wages, number of years in the workforce and your estimated date of retirement. The amount of money paid is different for each individual, based on your former wages and circumstances.
- While some people qualify immediately, most people become eligible for Medicare after two years of receiving disability benefits.
- Your children under age 18 may also be eligible to receive financial assistance.
- As an SSD recipient, you are eligible for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) for assistance with buying food.
If you are disabled in Florida, Social Security can help make your life more livable. The Law Office of Christopher J. Annis, LLC’s goal is to ensure you receive the maximum benefits available under the law.
Florida Social Security Disability benefits
At the Law Office of Christopher J. Annis, LLC, we are dedicated to helping you cope with your disabling injury or condition. With offices in Gainesville, Florida, we offer reliable representation before the Social Security Administration.